ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Uniting Against Corona. Playing your part during this pandemic.
There are many people and their families who have been negatively impacted by the CoronaVirus. A number of small businesses have had to close down because of health reasons and the inability to finance their expenses.
- Abo Mama who sell fruit and vegetables and uses the money to support her family and send the children to school.
- The start-up entrepreneur who has their table/tent of fresh flowers (all year round), which helps to put bread on the table, pay for electricity and water.
- The young business person who sells handmade jewelry, crafts, socks, and bags to be able to raise money to pay for their tertiary education.
These individuals and families have been hard hit, falling below those who can seek monetary relief from banks and UIF because they are not officially registered.
We are raising money to help them be able to help themselves.
In our combined effort to raise money for those in need. We will also assist in enabling them to realise the potential of their goals and actions.
The financial assistance will focus on the following;
- personal/household relief
- rebooting operations (i.e. the businesses will need to stock up on goods)
- business registration and compliance (so that they can be able to access financial/business support from bigger institutions and government, as they grow)
We have individuals in place who will also assist the families, to ensure that the relief they receive will not only provide them fish for a day but will teach them to fish (and provide for their families) for a lifetime.
Pledge R200 = Reward #1 = Thank You Face Masks!
Pledge R500 = Reward #2 = Special 'Thank You' Sanitizers!
Pledge R1000 = Reward #3 = Merchandise!
- Your reward includes both the signature Cap & T-shirt!
- Thank You merchandise from Maktub (Pty) Ltd, because every donation counts & we would like to thank YOU!
We urgently need to come together. As South Africans, our power, especially during this time of Covid19 Lockdown, is in our numbers.
Your donation, effort, and energies will be highly appreciated.
Let's assist all those who will not be in a place to help themselves during the National Covid19 Lockdown, level phases and ultimate recovery.
Help us, Help South Africa.
Let's work in bettering ourselves by bettering others. Let's fight this virus together!
I’d like to make a pledge/contribution, but I don’t want my name to be displayed publicly on the ‘Backers’ list. How do I remove my name?
- While we can’t remove your pledge from the list you can change your display name to 'Anonymous' or any other name you wish to. In order to do this you will need to:
- Click on My Account
- Then click on Account
- Scroll down and replace Display name with a display name of your choice
- Click Update Profile at the bottom of the page to save your changes
Who are we?
- South Africans who seek the help of others during this Covid-19 Pandemic, so that we can assist in making and keeping South Africa a safe, healthy, and sanitized country during these testing times.
Where are we based?
- Gauteng, South Africa
- As citizens, our power is in our numbers. Together with our efforts we can flatten the curve.
What is the plan once 100% funding is received?
- Reach out to those struggling and less fortunate especially during the Lockdown period of the pandemic.
- Provision, sustenance supplies will be provided for Abo mama who sells on the side of the road, single salary households who are now unable to go to work, small businesses shut down during this time, those who are less fortunate and cannot provide basic health care and sanitation for themselves (eg. Sanitary pads, toothpaste, soap, etc.)