ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Hello Animal Lovers
Retreat2Eden is pro-life animal welfare and sanctuary assisting with the physical and psychological rehabilitation of service dogs and abandoned animals.
RETREAT 2 EDEN GOAL
We are seeking $100 000 funding to build a clinic that will assist with nurturing, fixing, healing of wounds, and general healthcare of all animals, service dogs, abandoned dogs, and all wildlife.
The clinic will be built with brick and mortar whilst the operating table, storage area and animal crane for larger animals will be fitted through a supplier.
The funds will be managed by CFO360 (https://cfo360.co.za) to ensure transparency and community is happy that the budget does not get misused.
RETREAT 2 EDEN ORIGIN STORY
Both Lynne & Johann were born animal lovers and decided to devote 100% of their personal time towards a place that would be a safe haven for service dogs as well as for all abandoned dogs without a home.
Retreat to Eden can be found in Port Alfred, Gqeberha, the Province where Nelson Mandela was born.
Over 100 animals are on the farm, service and abandoned dogs, donkeys, cows, goats, pigs, eagles, geese, and chickens that are cared for, fed, healed, rehabilitated ready for adoption into a secure and loving home.
Funding secured by 31 July 2022
Building to kick off in August 2022 and be completed by October 2022
All building steps will be posted on our social media pages being:
Pledge R250 = Reward #1! Certificate Of Thanks
- Receive an electronic Certificate of Thanks with YOUR Name and Surname
- "In recognition of your generous donation. It's people like you who make it possible".
Pledge R1000 = Reward #2! Retreat 2 Eden vinyl sticker
- Retreat 2 Eden vinyl sticker 150x100mm, Retreat 2 Eden logo.
Pledge R2500 = Reward #3! Personal Thank You Video
- Personal thank you video from the Retreat 2 Eden founders Johann and Lynne
Pledge R10,000 = Reward #4! Private Tour of Retreat 2 Eden
- Exclusive private tour of Retreat 2 Eden Sanctuary, with one of the founders as a tour guide
Pledge R25,000 = Reward #5! Dog NFT
- Each dog will have an NFT that will be given as a reward to these Backers.
Pledge R50,000 = Reward #6! Bronze Plaque
- These Backer’s names will be printed on a bronze plaque hanged on a wall at the entrance of the veterinary clinic, indicating that their donation have made up a significant portion of the necessary funds to build the clinic.
Pledge R100,000 = Reward #7! Dog's Marble Statue
- Three marble statues will be installed in the main hall of the veterinary clinic, representing three dogs to which these three generous donators will give their names.
- The complete name and surname of the donators, the donation's date, along with their location (city, province, country), will be engraved at the base of the statues.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
Johann & Lynne
(+27 72 966 7692)
(+72 388 9054)
(+1 914 491 6788)
Who we are?
- Johann is a founder member and trustee of Retreat 2 Eden. Johann is a qualified Paramedic and Food Technologist.
- He has managerial experience and owned a successful marketing and distribution company which he sold in order to focus on Retreat 2 Eden full time.
- Lynne is a founder member and trustee of Retreat 2 Eden. She studied Business Management majoring in Public Relations and Business Management. She has marketing and managerial experience. Lynne also studied Psychology.
- Lynne and Johann have saved and rehomed over 1100 animals in the last 20 years of their journey at the Retreat 2 Eden Sanctuary.
- Here is a link to a video interview that explains who we are and what we do: https://m.facebook.com/groups/865543393636727/permalink/1717592198431838/
- Currently, the sanctuary is run by Lynne & Johann alone. The community help where they can to feed the animals
Where are we based?
- Retreat to Eden can be found in Port Alfred, Gqeberha, the Province where Nelson Mandela was born in South Africa.
When did the project start?
- The project started in 1999. Johann and Lynne are advocates for animal rights.
- Their dream of ensuring each animal's right to live in a loving and secure environment is realized.
- They started small with 1 animal and today, have a Sanctuary with over 100 animals.
How long has the project been going on?
- The project has been going on for over 20 years.
- It is an appeal to all Animal Lovers to get the necessary funds to build a clinic to take care of animals.
What is the plan once 100% funding is received?
- Build a veterinary clinic that will assist with nurturing, fixing, healing wounds, and general healthcare of all animals, service dogs, abandoned dogs, and all wildlife. It is due to the high costs of vet bills and the remote location of the sanctuary.
- Emergencies will now be able to take place on-site.
- The clinic will be built with brick and mortar whilst the operating table, storage area and animal crane for larger animals will be fitted through a supplier.
How long will it take for the veterinary clinic to be built?
- The plan is to build the veterinary clinic by the end of October 2022.