ABOUT THIS PROJECT
WHY IS OUR FOCUS ON BUILDING CHURCHES? More and more children are growing up in broken homes, unemployment amongst our Youth predominantly in disadvantaged communities is on the rise and they also sink deeper into committing crimes like never before by joining Gangster groups rather than going to Church. There are many liquor outlets in our Communities than Church buildings. We are living in a critical time never before experienced in the history of humankind, and the church must respond to human’s deepest needs.
- Project name - inkonzoyesiseko - Building Churches in Disadvantaged Communities
- Funding Goal - R 750,000
- Duration - 45 days
Our Church serves as a public service to the surrounding communities it serves.
Church members go door-to-door each Monday and Thursday introducing ourselves as the “community church. As a result of these activities, our church is well known in these communities.
Building Churches in these communities will be making a difference in people’s everyday lives.
When the church is rooted deeply in its community, and its membership is operating as public servants, the church will impact the lives of the people and the believers will fulfill the Messiah’s mission on earth.
CHURCHES UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Bloemfontein Church Building (Free State Province)
- Colesberg Church Building (Northern Cape Province)
- Postdam Church Building site (Eastern Cape)
We have bought the building below situated in Postdam which is currently a Supermarket to convert it to a Church for R100 000. We would like to start the construction of our church building in November 2018. Our intention is to open the Church building during Easter Weekend next year 2019.
We have started a program called Masincedane (let's help each other) designed to develop and empower youth as a mechanism to reduce the level of violence and HIV/AID pandemic in these areas. The group administers various programmes under the umbrella of “Education.”
Our programmes reach over 10,000 people every year, and include:
- Arts and Culture
- HIV / AIDS Peer Education
- Greening and Environment
- Skills Development
- Adult Basic Education
Our mission is to help at-risk, inner-city youth develop the self-discipline, self-confidence, and self-esteem necessary to lead positive and productive lives. We prepare young people for life’s challenges and opportunities through an arts education program that fosters listening skills, learning skills, creativity, and responsibility.
We believe education and participation in the arts contribute to the healthy development of young people, their families, and communities. In an era of reduced funding for the arts in schools, we are committed to providing young people with a gateway into the arts.
*Please read more in the Foundations of Apostles attachment.
The Foundation of Apostles and Prophets Church is associated with schools and youth community groups and is striving, in leaps and bounds, to gain a national footprint. Having access and a voice to these groups adds to a company’s resources by multiplying the esteem it generates by contributing towards the development and growth of a community.
People will more readily trust contributions that are completed in the pursuit of community excellence.
The stronger the emotional attachment and perceived value, the stronger the degree of community and loyalty. Church communities consist of multiple – often overlapping – layers, each with different degrees of activity, loyalty, and influence.
It is important to understand when and where your content and products can serve the goals of community members; people of flesh and blood looking for answers and solutions to life problems.
By having our marketing efforts focus on community development and assisting communities to foster encouraging activities. You can actively contribute to the possibility that they will be better equipped to strive for a more positive lifestyle.
We are always humbled by people considering our Church for giving their contributions. We believe you are sowing seed into the fertile soil so that many souls can get saved and lives being completely changed by our Lord God.
With your support, we will continue to make a positive difference in the lives of so many people and we thank you in anticipation. Blessed is the hand that gives than the one that receives (Act 20 v 35)
- Level 1 - Pledge R10-R49:
- YOU receive credit as a contributor with YOUR NAME mentioned on our website + you get a T-SHIRT printed “I HELPED FUND IKONZOYESISEKO 2019”!
- Level 2 - Pledge R50-R99:
- YOU receive ICULO LABAPOSTILE NABAPROFETI Choir CD + YOUR NAME mentioned as a contributor on our website!
- Level 3 - Pledge R100-R500:
- YOU receive credit as a contributor with YOUR NAME mentioned on our website + YOUR NAME or BUSINESS LOGO will be printed on the Annual Church Calendar as a SPONSOR (circulated to 1000’s of members)!
- Level 4 - Pledge R500-R750:
- YOU receive credit as a contributor with YOUR NAME mentioned on our website + you get a T-SHIRT printed “I HELPED FUND IKONZOYESISEKO 2019” + YOUR NAME or BUSINESS LOGO will be printed on the Annual Church Calendar as a SPONSOR (circulated to 1000’s of members), and YOU receive a luncheon with the Church Leaders!
YOUTH SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
The Church has collaborated with Walter Sisulu University to upskill some of our Youth members. The eSkills CoLab based at Walter Sisulu University (Chiselhurst campus) is the provincial representative of the Ikamva National eSkills Institute (iNeSI) - a state owned entity previously part of the Department of Communications.
They focus on e-skilling and the development of e-astuteness and e-social astuteness, i.e. the ability to use technology to uplift oneself, one's community and the country. iNeSI focuses primarily on four components: multi-stakeholder collaboration, teaching & learning, research & innovation and aggregation, monitoring & evaluation.
One of their activities is to focus on training unemployed matric graduates in basic computer literacy skills while another focuses on introducing youth to basic business and entrepreneurship skills.
Thus far they have accommodated 10 of our youth in these activities.
Our Church leadership joined the Deputy Minister of Communication Stella Ndabeni Abrahams in handing out Open view HD Satellite Installations in Duncan Village, Eastern Cape.
These interventions saw some community members owning a television set for the very first time in their lives as such addressing the need to ensure that South Africa moves towards universal access to broadcasting services. The church and community in this rural area were uplifted through access to information and communication services.
CHIEF APOSTLES AND THE THEN DEPUTY MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS NOW DEPUTY MINISTER OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND POSTAL SERVICES STELLA NDABENI ABRAHAMS
DEPUTY MINISTER OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND POSTAL SERVICES: STELLA NDABENI ABRAHAMS
The initial ideas for the creation of a sewing centre were developed by a group of five Women from in the Church Khayelitsha led by the Women Fellowship. Plans for the sewing centre were set in place and a group of community members was trained to sew.
The sewing centre was to provide a limited number of jobs initially, but expansion possibilities create the potential for providing employment to a large number of people within the Church. The centre provides training sessions open to Church members so that anyone interested can learn the valuable and marketable skill of sewing. One of the primary products of the sewing centre was to produce Church uniform, bags etc.
- Facebook - Inkonzo YeSiseko SabaPostile NabaProfeti
- YouTube - Inkonzo YeSiseko
- Twitter - Inkonzo YeSiseko
WHO ARE WE?
- Our Church serves as a public service to the surrounding communities it serves. Church members go door-to-door each Monday and Thursday introducing ourselves as the “community church. As a result of these activities, our church is well known in these communities.
- Building Churches in these communities will be making a difference in people’s everyday lives. When the church is rooted deeply in its community, and its membership is operating as public servants, the church will impact the lives of the people and the believers will fulfill the Messiah’s mission on earth.
WHERE ARE WE BASED?
- Bloemfontein Church Building (Free State Province)
- Colesberg Church Building (Northern Cape Province)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY?
- Investing in the youth of South Africa benefits our society as a whole. Specifically, your company will benefit from investing in future programmes in the following ways:
- Ensuring the sustainability and continuation of current Church programmes.
- Providing the means for the organisation to continue offering educational programmes to make certain that the alarming rate of high school students dropping out of school ends.
- Helping to give children an alternative to a life of crime. The current level of crime in South Africa has a negative effect on all citizens and businesses and causes many to live in fear. By participating in our programmes, the youth are better equipped to ward of the temptations of drugs, gangs, and unsafe sex.
- Providing a beacon of hope for disadvantaged youths, and creating a future healthy society of emotionally equipped and well-rounded individuals.
- Enabling South African youth to reach their full potential, regardless of their current economic standing.
- Helping students develop life skills, such as cultural awareness, public speaking, and creative thinking, that will carry them forward as the future leaders of our society.
- We very kindly request your assistance in the form of either the donation of materials needed so that we can put the roof of our Church building located in Bloemfontein, Free State Province or alternatively a donation to help us boost our current fund coffers for building material.
- Our Church which is registered as a non-profit organization primary aims and objectives are as follows:
- To seek & promote safety and security, reduce crime, disorders, fears and develop a shared responsibility for the fight against crime in our communities.
- To cultivate discipline in youth in general, and to develop pro-active approaches in dealing with young people in any way that builds on effective and efficient young professionals.
- To serve the community we live in and to co-operate with other organizations with similar aims and objectives.
- With your support, we will continue to make a positive difference in the lives of so many people and we thank you in anticipation.
WHY IS OUR FOCUS ON BUILDING CHURCHES?
- More and more children are growing up in broken homes, unemployment amongst our Youth predominantly in disadvantaged communities is on the rise and they also sink deeper into committing crimes like never before by joining Gangster groups rather than going to Church. There are many liquor outlets in our Communities than Church buildings.
- We are living in a critical time never before experienced in the history of humankind, and the church must respond to human’s deepest needs. We need to bring the Church to a new level of being involved in our communities.
- Many churchgoers are struggling to make ends meet in their everyday lives, and feel the pinch of reality just like everyone else.
- It is for this very reason that our leadership of our Church has taken a conscious decision in its congress in 2016 to start building Church buildings for its members. The need of us building Churches is because for a number of years our members are struggling to conduct Churches services and we have been hiring Community or School halls.
- We based our decision on the premise that if a car needs fixing, it is brought to the mechanic shop. If someone is sick, the health center or hospital is the best place to seek medical attention. The church is where people should go if they are in need of a “spiritual fix.” The Church is really a hospital for sinners and not an exclusive club for saints.
- We currently provide effective small group ministries and outreach services and have specialized small groups focusing on Youth and Women Development. This has been spread out beyond the walls of the church and has been incorporated into the community where the church serves. To the best of our abilities, the Church leadership provides services such as counseling and advice to those in need.
- There are programs, seminars and sermons to help the Youth in this area, The church always strives to meet the needs of men and women as it brings the good news of the salvation message of Jesus Christ. The church truly is about people.