ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Masks for Humanity aims to provide those in need with proper protection against air-borne viruses and bacteria. During the outbreak of the pandemic, many were left without appropriate mask protection.
With your help, we will provide struggling communities and institutions with FPP2 face masks.
Our focus is directed but not limited to school teachers, old age homes, medical workers, and frontline workers.
Masks for Humanity… Where do we start?
After all the “new normals” we were forced to get used to this year and the daily confrontation of airborne “enemies” our global situation needs no introduction.
In South Africa, the pandemic has not only exposed our healthcare-based vulnerabilities but also threatened our fragile business and employment situation. This combination of disease and close-to-home liabilities sparked the merger of businesses, investors, and technology suppliers to take a leap of faith and invest in the local manufacturing and production of respirator face masks.
This is how Masks for Humanity came to life!
The effectiveness of masks as the first line of defence has been widely documented and advised. Yet, while such a simple piece of equipment can provide significant protection, many are still left without it including teachers, old-age homes, medical workers, frontline workers and many more.
Our masks are produced according to local regulations and FFP2 standards.
What makes the FFP2 face mask better than a normal loose-fitting face mask?
- Well, respirators like the FFP2 are tight-fitting masks designed to create a facial seal with non-valved respirators providing two-way protection filtering the inflow and outflow of air.
- With a maximum leakage of 8% and a minimum of 94% of inflow air filtered these types of masks are designed to protect the wearer (when worn properly).
Who should wear a respirator? In short, anyone who wants to protect themselves and in particular healthcare workers and caregivers who work in high-risk transmission areas.
So how do I get involved?
If you have or know of an institution in your community in need of respirator face masks you can begin by registering them at masksforhumanity.africa and we will take it from there. After they have been registered donations can be made directly to them as facilitated through the Jumpstarter platform.
If you are not sure who to donate to, but still feel the need to support this cause you can make donations at the Jumpstarter platform.
And if you can’t donate, don’t worry, there are other ways to help!
Firstly, you can share this initiative on all your social media platforms (yes, the more people who know about it the more they can help).
Secondly, if you know any influencer that would be willing to share this initiative, send them our way!
Remember no matter how big or small, every donation counts. Go check out our campaign at masksforhumanity.africa and get behind us in supporting our communities.
Don't have a specific Beneficiary in mind? Don't worry, we have a large list in need, we'll find someone.
|Beneficiary Code||Beneficiary Name||Province||Town||Mask Needed|
|FS001||Retshepile Day Care||Free State||Welkom||100 - 500|
|FS002||Itemoheng District Hospital||Free State||Senekal||500 - 1000|
|FS003||Methodist Church Senekal||Free State||Senekal||100 - 500|
|GP001||Charlotte Maxeke Hospital||Gauteng||Johannesburg||2000 - 3000|
|GP002||Steve Biko Hospital||Gauteng||Pretoria||2000 - 3000|
|GP003||Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children||Gauteng||Johannesburg||2000 - 3000|
|GP004||Tembisa Hospital||Gauteng||Tembisa||2000 - 3000|
|GP005||Siyakholwa Support Care Centre||Gauteng||Germiston||5000+|
|WC001||Kalkfontein Community||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC002||Bonnievale 418||Western Cape||Bonnievale||2000 - 3000|
|WC003||Bright Start Educare||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC004||Tygerberg Hospital||Western Cape||Tygerberg||1000 - 1500|
|WC005||Wesfleur Hospital||Western Cape||Cape Town||1000 - 1500|
|WC006||New Somerset Hospital||Western Cape||Cape Town||1000 - 1500|
|WC007||Cape Eye Hospital||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC008||Social Work Department Somerset Wes||Western Cape||Somerset West||100 - 500|
|WC009||YOSEF DREAM Foundation||Western Cape||Cape Town||2000 - 3000|
|WC010||Tygerberg Hospital 2||Western Cape||Tygerberg||100 - 500|
|WC011||Overberg Wheelchair Association||Western Cape||Hawston||100 - 500|
|WC012||Sweet Blessings Organization NPO||Western Cape||Macassar||500 - 1000|
|WC013||One Nation ZA||Western Cape||Paarl||500 - 1000|
|WC014||The Voice of The Voiceless||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC015||Youth Outreach Stellenbosch||Western Cape||Stellenbosch||100 - 500|
|WC016||Sharing Is Caring||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC017||Outliers||Western Cape||Cape Town||5000+|
|WC018||Stars Youth Development||Western Cape||Cape Town||500 - 1000|
|WC019||Community Reach Out Forum||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC020||San Michell Independent School||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC021||National Youth Development League||Western Cape||Cape Town||1000 - 1500|
|WC022||NOSTOP||Western Cape||Cape Town||2000 - 3000|
|WC023||Bonteheuwel Joint Peace Forum Community||Western Cape||Cape Town||2000 - 3000|
|WC024||Victory Haven Ministries||Western Cape||Cape Town||500 - 1000|
|WC025||Kronendal Music Academy||Western Cape||Cape Town||1000 - 1500|
|WC026||Change Within Development||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC027||Margaret's House||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC028||SERVE the Needy||Western Cape||Cape Town||100 - 500|
|WC029||Labour With Love||Western Cape||Cape Town||500 - 1000|
Who are we?
- In South Africa, the pandemic has not only exposed our healthcare-based vulnerabilities but also threatened our fragile business and employment situation.
- This combination of disease and close-to-home liabilities sparked the merger of businesses, investors, and technology suppliers to take a leap of faith and invest in the local manufacturing and production of respirator face masks.
- This is how Masks for Humanity came to life!
Where are we based?
- The Masks For Humanity Headquarters are in Potchefstroom
- Jumpstarter allows the public to support a cause close to their heart!
- We want to reach and help as many people as possible!
- We need all the help we can get!
What is the plan once 100% funding is received?
- These donations do not only help protect the needy but also support local production and job creation ranging from material manufacturing to downstream activities of the mask-making process.
Don't have a specific Beneficiary in mind?
- Don't worry, we have a large list in need, we'll find someone for you.
Do we have a Beneficiary Code List?
Captured the wrong Beneficiary information?
- Email email@example.com to help remove the information from the list.
How long will it take for the masks to be delivered?
- Donations will typically be fulfilled in approximately 2 to 3 weeks while all effort will be made to have it delivered sooner.
Don't find your answer or need live support?
- WhatsApp us at 076 076 9274
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org