My name is Desiree-Anne Martin. I want to study the University of Cape Town this year. I need your help to make this dream of mine a reality, please.
I am a 41-year-old accomplished warrior woman, wife, mother of two daughters, author, recovering addict and owner of my private practice where I specialise in addiction counseling!
My company is called Seven and Eight Integrated Counselling, named after the Japanese proverb above. I have personally fallen down many times but have always, ALWAYS, gotten up again.
I am self-made with tons of loving support but one of my biggest regrets is that I never attended university when I had the opportunity.
Throughout my counseling career, I always felt "less than" for not having a degree or being registered. When I decided that I wanted to do this diploma at UCT and - even better - when I got accepted, it felt so damn right!
However, with all the expenses that I already have as a mother of two that (co) runs a household, I cannot, unfortunately, afford the course fees.
YOUR CROWDFUNDING REWARDS!
- For pledging R525 ---> I will offer 3 x FREE ASSESSMENT CONSULTATIONS - FOR ANY ISSUE!
- For pledging R2250 ---> I will offer backers FREE WEBSITE CREATION OR GRAPHIC WORK, which I do as part of my business!
- For pledging R4650 ---> I will offer supporters 6 x CONSECUTIVE THERAPEUTIC CONSULTATIONS - TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE!
- You can pledge ANY amount to Support My Cause from the Kindness of Your Heart! ---> I will have so much gratitude and love for you!
Your donations would be so appreciated and are much-needed. Please help me "undo a regret".
What course am I enrolled to do?
- Postgraduate Diploma in Addiction Care at the University of Cape Town.
What does it cost?
- R22,500 for the entire course.
Are you studying full or part-time?
- It's a full-time course but structured in such a way that one can still work full-time.
How confident are you that you can study again for the first time in 20 years?
- Supremely confident; in the same way I have been confident of my ability to do the work I do without having a degree.
Is that your real hair?